Introduction to My Year of Firsts


When you wake up in the morning, Pooh," said Piglet, "what's the first thing you say to yourself?" 

"What's for breakfast?" said Pooh. "What do you say, Piglet?" 
"I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?" said Piglet.



I remember how, as a child, I loved waking up every day! There were places to explore, things to do...so many things to learn about and dream about doing. I remember reading about the Titanic and becoming obsessed with it. I wanted to know everything about it. Or reading about the Biggest Mall in America and how there was a roller coaster in it, which incidentally, roller coasters terrify me!
Life was full of wonder and excitement. Life use to be fun. Exciting.

Lately, I can be full to the brim with gratitude and joy one day, wrecked to the rocks the next. I have to find a balance between the two and I don't want the little blue pill to be the answer. So, I will try to do one new thing that I've never done before, every day, for a year, and see if somewhere in there I can get to where I am like Piglet, and wake up wondering what's going to happen exciting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment