Day 157 - Make my Own Butter

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” 
― Eleanor Roosevelt


I poured my whipping cream into mixer and beat it for about 10 minutes, until I had buttermilk and butter.  Warning:  This will slosh out so you need a towel to wrap around the bowl or it will be all over your walls.

Let it drain a bit.  Then press the buttermilk out of the butter and rinse with cold water until the water comes clear.

My butter looks a little melted because it is.  I transferred it into a bowl that was still a bit warm for the dish washer before the blond moment passed and I realized I needed a room temp bowl.

I didn't salt my butter, because I like to use unsalted.  All in all, this was super fun!  Super easy!  and about what butter costs anyway, so totally worth it for a new experience!







If you want to make your own butter check out this wonderful website.  She has great instructions!
http://toriavey.com/history-kitchen/2013/06/homemade-butter/

No comments:

Post a Comment