Day 176 - Learn a New Lullaby

“What counts, in the long run, is not what you read; it is what you sift through your own mind; it is the ideas and impressions that are aroused in you by your reading. It is the ideas stirred in your own mind, the ideas which are a reflection of your own thinking, which make you an interesting person” 
― Eleanor Roosevelt


I love the quote that says something like, 'will the world be ruled by sounds of gunfire or from the sounds of lullabies'.  I totally butchered that quote, but you get the idea.  I try to sing one song a night to my boys, but I've sung the same songs for so long I needed a new one.  Which brought on a new first, learn a new lullaby.

I am learning Golden Slumbers.


Golden slumbers kiss your eyes,
Smiles await you when you rise.
Sleep, pretty baby
do not cry and I will sing a lullaby

Cares you know not,
Therefore sleep,
While over you a watch I'll keep
Sleep, pretty darling,
do not cry and I will sing a lullaby

No comments:

Post a Comment