Day 151 - Love Languages for Kids

“What could we accomplish if we knew we could not fail?” 
― Eleanor Roosevelt


I find that so far I have written for myself.  The posts are mostly little notes to remind me of what I thought or did.  I need to change that a bit.  I'm not sure how, but I'll figure it out somehow.

My boys took the Love Languages test for kids, that way I can know what their language is so that I make sure I can speak their language at least every once in a while.   Being a mom I feel pulled in so many directions I've got to make a conscious effort to speak their language so they grow up KNOWING that I love them.

One of my boys language is Quality Time.  The other is Receiving Gifts.

Ouch.  I'm not going to lie.  This is going to be tough.  These are both things I struggle with as a mom.  Time, there is never enough time to spend one on one.  Someone always needs something while I'm with one of the boys.  I'm going to have to think about this one and figure out a way.

Gifts.  I am not a big gift person.  I believe Christmas and your Birthday are good days to receive a present.  Maybe my definition is what is wrong about this.   I'm going to have to think about this one a bit too.

Anyway, the test is really easy.  There are only 15 questions and you can sit down and help them with it if they want help.  They get their answer right away.  It's a great way to learn about your kids.

http://www.5lovelanguages.com/profile/children/


Words of Affirmation

People whose love language is words of affirmation like for others to use words to tell them that they are special and that they do a good job.

Quality Time

People with the love language of quality time like it when others do things with them like play a game, watch television, or go to a ballgame.

Physical Touch

People whose love language is physical touch like to receive hugs, kisses, and high-fives.

Receiving Gifts

People with the love language of gifts feel good when someone gives them a special present or surprise.

Acts of Service

A person whose love language is acts of service likes it when others do nice things for them such as helping with chores, helping with school projects, or driving them places.

No comments:

Post a Comment