Day 184 - Ride Down Rush

“Saw a little girl touch a big bug and shout, "I conquered my fear! YES!" and calmly walk away. I was inspired.” 
― Nathan Fillion


Rush.  This is a name that has haunted me.  It sounds fast. And I am not fast.  It sounds like competition.  I am not competitive.  It sounds like, "out of my way."  And I don't want to be in anyone's way.

This downhill trail is one that I have avoided.  But today my husband and his friends (and me) rode to the top of Corner Canyon-1006 feet or something like that.  A new first for me.  And then we rode down Rush.  I told my husband last year when he started teaching me how Mt. Bike, that I would go my own speed and go with him or I wouldn't go at all.  He is a speed demon and I will not ride and feel pressured.  I carry enough of my own pressure as it is, I don't need someone else's.

So when we headed down Rush, I went my speed and I didn't really hold anyone up.  I let the guys go first because they are faster and I could usually hear if someone was coming up behind me so I'd find a spot and let them past.  Most everyone was super nice if they did catch up to me.  Still, I like Canyon Hollow much better.

Still,  this was really fun!!!!  Loved the downhill.

No comments:

Post a Comment