Day 190 - Rock Climbing!!!

“Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” 
― Barry Finlay

Took my first Rock Climbing Class, ever!  I liked the guy instructor best.  He showed us how to climb effectively and how to taught us how to Belay.  And…I got my Belay Certification-YEAH ME!!!


The automatic belayer is scary!  I could not climb higher than the bouldering line and then I didn't trust it to let me down, so like a nerd I then climbed down.  You can laugh at me.  My hubby totally did.  But I'm not the only one scared.  The Tongan in our class totally got scared too-he was braver than me and let go of the rocks but he fell flat on his back.  So I am justified in being scared.

This class was so much fun!  If you want an adult only class find one and take one.  Our local rec. center hosted this.  It's an adult only class, which makes it nice.

SO MUCH FUN!!!!!


Update: I can now climb with the automatic belayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment