Day 63 - Fly a Kite in Winter

Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country.
-Anais Nin

It was so windy today I thought for sure I would be able to fly a kite in my back yard.  Alas, I think my kite is afraid to fly.  Afraid to lift high into the sky and see the world anew.  Afraid to reach up and touch the sky.  My poor kite.

My kite was how I felt so much of last year.  I had 'strings' that held me back.  Imaginary and real strings.  But instead of using those 'strings' to help me stretch and eventually fly, like my kite, I let them tether me to the ground, like Gulliver.  I trapped myself.

But now the strings are lifting me and helping me fly and I'm finding that each day brings a new surprise.  Some planned.  Some…a total surprise.  But I am beginning to fly and the world is a beautiful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment