Day 73 - Make your Own Bouncy Balls


“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning.” 
― Albert Einstein


My boys saw this is the store and decided they had to try it.  Since I am a sucker for science experiments I bought it.  The biggest question is will this work and why?


They give you four packets of colors.  You pick two to dump into the ball mold.  Shake it up to mix the colors.  I can not find out anywhere what the powder is and what is going to make it bouncy.  So when my boys asked why, I could only tell them that some balls are made of rubber, some of plastic and some of polymer.  Since this is not rubber we must assume it is one of the other products.
After you fill the ball mold you slowly submerge the ball mold in water and wait for 10 minutes.  Who knew that a little orange plastic 'circle' could hold the attention of three boys for so long.

After we took the mold out of the water we had to wait 3 minutes.  Then open the mold and remove the ball.  The 'balls' were sticky and one squished trying to get it out.  But here is the end result.  They bounce, not like the ones in the store, but my little one doesn't care because they fit in his hand perfectly and he can cart them around.

No comments:

Post a Comment