Day 79 - Behind the Scenes at Hale Theater

“An actor must never be afraid to make a fool of himself.” 
― Harvey Cocks


I love Hale Theater and I've always wanted to know what it takes to put on a show.  Mostly though, I've wanted to see 'behind the scenes'.  Today I got the chance and I was not disappointed!   After seeing it all I'm surprised tickets aren't more.  What a production to put on one show!

The costume department was amazing!  Did you know they can make their own costumes from scratch, no pattern.  They create some of their own patterns.  Then they build the costume out of cheaper fabric to make sure it fits.  Then they cut and sew with the expensive fabric.  They can make new costumes look old.  Some characters have 5 or more costumes!  And sometimes they only have days to create and fix a costume.  Oh, and they can't make the costumes until the show is cast.  Talk about no pressure!

The wigs department was cool!  Sometimes the actors/actresses have multiple wigs to age them-CRAZY!  And the Props department is cool.

The stage was my favorite.  The construction workers there are so amazing.  They made a floor set that looked just like cobblestones, but really it was MDF and they hand carved every piece, painted every piece….and below stage, I don't know how they walk around under the stage!

It was so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment