Day 89 - Walk a Tightrope

A well-developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life.
-William Arthur Ward

Yesterday on our bike ride I saw some kids tightrope walking between two trees at the park.  The whole way I home I bemoaned the fact that I didn't ask if I could try it, it looked like so much fun.
Today I got my 'do again'.  We went to the park to play and there was a large group of teenager boys tightrope walking.

They are training to tightrope walk across a canyon on Saturday.  SCARY!  They were really cool about explaining the different 'ropes' they had and which one I should try first if I buy one.  I'll hand it to them.  These boys know what they are doing.  They also said they use a harness when crossing the canyon so there are no accidents if they slip.

It was fun.  It takes A LOT more balance than I have right now, that's for sure.  My oldest got up there and walked across no problem.  Me…I got a couple steps in before I made a graceful exit.

I'm so going to look up the website the boys gave me and see what I can find out.  I have two trees in the backyard that would be perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment