Day 90 - Learn how to Professionally Apply Makeup

“A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.” 
― Coco Chanel


Every girl wants to be beautiful.  Growing up on a dairy farm there was no focus on beauty.  Who were you going to glam up for?  The cows?  They don't care what you look like, especially at 3 in the morning.  At frankly, at that time you don't care what you look like either.  You are just trying to get the milking and feeding and irrigating done so you can grab a quick nap before you hit the afternoon chores.

Cleanliness, however, was a focus!  Every evening we showered and washed our hair and every morning we put on clean clothes.  But I always wanted to know how to wear makeup and how to do my hair.  I'm a master of plain ponytails and plain braids.  Learning how to make my hair shine and look nice…I'm still working on that.  But today I finally, after long searching, found someone to show me HOW TO APPLY MAKEUP!  And I feel beautiful.

Granted, I don't think that makeup makes a person beautiful.  But I do think it adds a bit of confidence. And I think every little girl should have the opportunity to have someone show them the how's and the why's of makeup.  I can't believe I'm nearly 40 and I'm finally feeling that I'm getting it.  Believe me, if I ever have a little girl, when she turns 13 she's having someone show her how to do hair and makeup!

If you are like me and want to learn more check out this website:  Maskara.com

No comments:

Post a Comment