Day 212 - My First Scout Camp

“If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” 
― Albert Einstein


When I was a little girl I dreamed of going to Scout Camp.  I thought they did the funnest things!  Archery.  BB gun shooting.  Canoeing.  The list was extensive in my little mind.  Girls camp was stupid.  To this day I hate Girls Camp.  I wanted to learn to do fun things…not make some stupid craft. So today I got to go!

How did it compare to what I had always imagined?  Well, it was shaded and very organized.  The boys get to do archery and since there were three women in our group I asked if the leaders could try too (what's the worst they could say, No.  And I figured none of us had ever had a chance to try archery).  The archery leader gave each of us two arrows.   AWESOME!!!  I helped two people (plus some little boys) try something new and they loved it!


They have a trading post where you can buy candy, science experiments, pocket knives, weird toys, etc.  They don't have this at Girls Camp I'll tell you that much!

They have obstacle courses and shows and learning stations (we got to learn about the solar system and the guy knew his stuff.  He even told the boys about an observatory they could visit for free!)

By the end I was tired.  I'm not going to lie.  I was pooped and just wanted to go home and take my midday nap.  But…it was really fun and the eight boys we took up had a blast!


No comments:

Post a Comment