Day 227 - Hawks Nest

"Aim for success, not perfection.  Never give up your right to be wrong because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life."
-David Burns

A huge elm on our street was being taken down, so I went and asked the workers if they could save the Hawk's nest that was in it.  They were super nice and saved it for me so that I could show my boys.  Looking up from below it just looks like a tangle of sticks and branches, but this nest is well built.

The two baby hawks had already learned to fly so the eggs in this nest were unhatched chicks.  What amazes me about the nest is how intertwined the sticks/branches are.  You could not tug one stick/branch loose.  How do birds know how to do this?  It truly amazes me.

Incredible to see up close.

Can you see the bones from an animal.  Obviously dinner for the baby hawks before they could fly.

There are some bird skeleton feet on the upper left and a bird soul by the top egg.


No comments:

Post a Comment