Day 101 - Read Gone with the Wind

I have never read this book.  A friend suggested it and I loved it!  After reading it I'm amazed the South was ever able to rebuild.  The book really shows the struggle to rebuild after a war, something I never though of before, and how that can be more difficult that the war.

I liked the strength of the women, and how they reacted to the 'rule' around them.  I also liked how the Southern women 'pushed' their men, supported them, without the men being aware of it.  "The man is the head of the house but the woman is the neck."

It is also interesting to see how Scarlet, who I didn't begrudge what she did after the war-fear is a huge motivator, later turned into something I didn't like.  She threw Kindness, Love and Honesty out of her character, and didn't seem able to ever reclaim them again.

It was a fascinating book.  I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment