Day 104 - Lunch with Friends

“Friendship is born at that moment when one (wo)man says to another: "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . ."” 
― C.S. Lewis


I have always found it uncomfortable going to lunch with women-don't ask why-so I never went.  As a first I called up some girlfriends and we went to lunch, with our kids.  And you know what…it was fun.  I still think it is hard to talk in a restaurant with all the noise, but it was still a lot of fun and I wasn't so nervous that I acted weird, like I normally do in social situations.  I just relaxed and had fun.

This 'first' thing is really opening the doors in the world.  I love it.  I'm excited.  I don't say no or try to find excuses.  I figure, 'what the heck.  Try it and see what happens," instead of keeping the box closed around me.  I'm really having fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment