Day 26 - Take a Pure Barre Class

If a man achieves victory over this body, who in the world can exercise power over him? He who rules himself rules over the whole world.

5:00 a.m.  Woke up to get ready for 6:00 a.m Pure Barre Class.  I have to be there at 5:45 to fill out  paperwork.
5:40 a.m.  Driving to Class I think, "There are cars on the road this early in the morning! Wow.  More people are awake and out of the house than I thought."  Once inside I get the paperwork filled out, get a tour of the building and get set up in the room.  The room is filling up with women of all sizes.  I hear a firetruck go buy and think it feels like living in the city, with people moving around all the time.  It's kind of cool.  It's dark outside, there is snow on the ground and it's cold outside.  Kind of invigorating.
Warm up begins and I'm thinking, "Yeah, this should be good.  We'll warm up a bit and then get going."

"This is the warm up!!!  Jennifer, YOU are screwed!"
The teacher moves us to the barre and I know why they have you lay your head on your hands at the barre.  It's to feel your miserable self sweating to death.  Sweat is running off my forehead.  Not as much as the lady next to me. But I'm sweating.  
Twenty minutes into class I finally locate the clock.  I start counting down my misery.  At some point during the class I ask the lady next to me, "How many times do you come?"  (she's a not fat, just a bit bigger and can do the moves easily, so I'm totally curious) To which she calmly replies, "Oh, every day."  WHAT!  DIE!  I could lay on the floor like a dead cockroach right now.  She seriously should be skinny as a rail for coming every.  This is tough!
When I was in collage I read a comic where someone was going to work out every morning early and the body responded, "Listen fatty.  Do it and die!"
I finally made it to the cool down.  I'm thinking Yoga type cool down.  Relax.  Listen to calm music.  Stretch the muscles, which we did stretch muscles…but we were still working through the cool down!  An hour later I pick my miserable self up off the floor.  Wipe down my mat.  Put my ball and band and mat and weights away.  
That was the toughest workout I have ever had.  Either that or I am WAY out of shape.  But I have to say, I feel good.  My muscles feel good.  I am a bit worried that tomorrow they will be mad at me.
Before you go I would definitely eat something or drink something that will give you energy to burn.  I didn't eat breakfast before and I got a headache in class.  Also, if you are interested, the first class is free.  So you can go try it out and see if you like it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment