Day 7 - Make Mexican Hot Chocolate

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.” 
― Charles M. Schulz


It snowed all day yesterday so today was crying out for something warm and yummy.  I am not a big fan of Hot Chocolate, but I love Mexican Hot Chocolate.  So when I saw this recipe I thought I would try it.




Mexican Hot Chocolate

4 C milk
1/3 C unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 C sugar
2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp chili powder
pinch of nutmeg
pinch of cayenne

Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan.  Heat over medium heat until simmering, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and serve.  


If you want an alternative, try Abuelita Mexican Hot Chocolate.  You can find it in the grocery store and it is my absolute favorite!

(recipe and picture courtesy of Thanksgiving Point)

No comments:

Post a Comment