Day 27 - Take the time to be Sick

“Rest and be thankful.” ― William Wordsworth

I got a cold that knocked me flat the day before Christmas.  So instead of pushing myself, like I normally would, I allowed myself to lay down and sleep whenever I felt tired.  I also stayed home from a family Christmas Party, which was a first, to sleep.  It was glorious.

I think as mom's we have a hard time allowing ourselves to rest and get better.  We always have so many things that need to be done, kids to be taken care of.  So to just say that everything will be fine, the kids will be able to find food and play and take care of themselves while I lay down is huge.  At least for me.  So, not a big first.  But the small firsts are the things that I think are just as important as the big firsts.

No comments:

Post a Comment