Day 10 - Make Cranberry Apple Cider


“I know the look of an apple that is roasting and sizzling on the hearth on a winter's evening, and I know the comfort that comes of eating it hot, along with some sugar and a drench of cream... I know how the nuts taken in conjunction with winter apples, cider, and doughnuts, make old people's tales and old jokes sound fresh and crisp and enchanting.” 
― Mark Twain



Today I made Cranberry Apple Cider.  Our scout master served it at last month's Pack meeting, and I had to get the recipe.  I love a good apple cider.  This is not the super sweet that you usually taste with apple cider, so I like it more for that reason, and the blend of flavors is perfect!

Cranberry Apple Cider

2 qt cranberry juice cocktail
2 qt apple juice
1/2 c lemon juice
1/2 c brown sugar
4 cinnamon sticks
8 whole cloves




No comments:

Post a Comment